Several roads closed due to rising flood waters
MURFREESBORO, TN – Nine roads in Rutherford County were closed Tuesday due to rising flood waters, reported the Rutherford County Sheriff’s Office.
Sheriff’s deputies ask drivers to be cautious when driving.
Roads closed include:
· Goochie Ford Road at the slab.
· Stones River Lane at the slab.
· Christiana-Fosterville Road and Highway 269 at the slab.
· Vaught Road at Cripple Creek Road.
· Powells Chapel Road at the bridge.
· Powells Chapel Road at the slab.
· Mt. Vernon Road at Highway 99 near Eagleville.
· Elam Mill Road at the slab.
· West Buckeye Road.
Roads with high water but passable with caution include:
· Epps Mill at Plainview Road.
· The 2300 block of Kingwood Road off state Route 96 West (Franklin Highway).
· Sulphur Springs Road near Buckeye Valley Road.
· Veals Road near Mt. Herman Road.
Roads considered impassable include:
· Shoemaker/Swamp Road at the bridge.
· One lane of Swamp Road and North Road near Eagleville.
A flash flood warning for Rutherford County is in effect from 3 this afternoon until tomorrow night. Forecasts expect 1-2 inches of rain overnight.